Telegram is famous for its highest end-to-end encryption, and is not immune to hijackers and online surveillance, ensuring your communications remain safe from hackers and surveillance, Telegram LLC. With Telegram, users can anonymously send messages, video streams, audio files, and other content all over the world on iOS and Android devices. Millions of users around the world use it every day. It recently released the new Telegram X, an improved version from its previous app. One of the best parts of the Telegram app is that it is not only compatible with android, iPhone, or other iOS devices including Windows Mobile but it is also available for Windows / Mac OS / Linux computers including the telegram web messenger version. Sometimes you wonder how to delete Telegram account for various reasons.
The best part of Telegram is that it allows you to create a Telegram group where you can add up to 200,000 people or broadcast channels. However for any reason, if you want to delete it, you have to consider this thing also that once it is deleted, cannot be undone. Your data like chats, contact lists, groups, etc. will be permanently deleted. Unlike other apps that allow the deactivation of the account in just a few clicks, the Telegram account’s deactivation process is a bit complicated. So, scroll through this article to know how to delete and deactivate your Telegram account.
How to deactivate your Telegram account
Unlike any other app, you cannot deactivate it directly by uninstalling its iOS or Android app. In order to deactivate it, you need to log in to your account via browser.
There are maybe many reasons that force users to delete these messaging applications be it your friend or family member is leaving or already left Telegram since you follow them on whatever social media platform they are in or maybe you are tired of using telegram and there is a new messaging app in the town which is in trending or maybe you don’t trust the policies anymore as you are a privacy-conscious person.
There is no option to temporarily deactivate your Telegram account. The only way available to you is to remain inactive. Or you can uninstall Telegram apps from your computer and phone. If it helps you can also deactivate your account using this smarter way.
Telegram permanently deletes your account if it has been inactive for six months. You have to change this setting and limit how long it should wait before deleting your profile. Only if you have plans that you might come to this platform in the future. Follow these steps to set the time until it waits for you to be inactive.
Steps to deactivate Telegram Account:
Follow these easy steps to get your job done
- Tap on the option to self-destruct in the settings of the Telegram Android and iOS apps.
- Now tap on the three-bar menu button in the upper-left corner and select Settings.
- Now, go to the privacy and security page and go to the advanced section.
RELATED POST: How to use Telegram without using a phone number?
- Here, tap on Delete my account if away for…
- Now, define a new period of inactivity after which your account should destroy.
RELATED POST: How to delete or disable Discord Account
How to export Telegram Data:
There are certain things which you must know before you start deleting your Telegram Account. In Telegram, there is no option to temporarily shut it. Once you are finished deleting your account, you can’t get your data like your chats, images, and much more, back. You simply can’t undo this. Luckily, Telegram offers an export option so in any case if you want to save any conversations for future reference. Follow these instructions to use it.
Follow these easy steps to export your telegram Data:
- install the Telegram app on your computer
- Now log in, and click the three bars in the upper-right corner to reveal the navigation menu.
- Now, select Settings.
- Then scroll down till you find the option to export Telegram data.
- Now, enter that and choose the type of data you want to separate.
- Now, you have to specify the conversations being extracted.
- You also have the ability to only download stickers you’ve sent on Telegram in the past. Click Export
- Now, depending on your data size, Telegram will complete the extraction in a few minutes.
- Click Show My Data to view the file.
Related Post: How to delete Facebook Group permanently.
How to delete Telegram account permanently.
Follow these easy steps to get rid of the Telegram account.
- Telegram does not allow the account to be deleted from the Telegram app. So, open the deactivation page, here is the link – https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate from your mobile or pc browser.
- Head to the Telegram Deactivation page, and log into the account to manage applications
- To deactivate your account. Simply enter your Telegram phone number in the “Your phone number” box with your country code.
- Now, press the Next button.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your account.
- Open the Telegram app or web version and copy the recipient’s login code.
- Now, enter it now in the confirmation code box on the Telegram login page.
- On the Telegram home page, you’ll have three options: API development tools, Deactivate Account and Turn off
- Click on the Deactivate account.
- Then Telegram will send you a confirmation message.
- Now tap on the Done button.
- The telegram will again ask for your Confirmation.
- Tap on the text Yes, delete my account.
RELATED POST: How to Delete a TikTok Account
I hope now you have an idea of how to delete the Telegram account. If you face any difficulty doing this, you can mention your queries in the comment section below.