WhatsApp is currently the world’s most popular chatting application for sure. Using WhatsApp, users can share their photos, videos, documents, and other files with friends and family. Using WhatsApp, users can send multiple photos at a time, while the app has improved dramatically since its launch, there is still one inconvenience. The quality of images sending this way is greatly affected. Even if you are sending high-resolution pictures taken from expensive cameras you will end up sending low-quality pictures. Here in this article, you will find answers to your questions like How to send high-quality images on Whatsapp? How to send images without compression? Or how to send high quality photos without losing quality on Whatsapp?
WhatsApp will always reduce that to around 30% of the original size to save space and make a faster transfer, whatever resolution you upload or take your photos on. It’s alright to take selfies or snaps of random things in which quality is not the main focused thing, but if the quality is essential in the photo, then it will be annoying to compromise on quality.
However, there are ways that users can use images to maintain their quality. Here are three easy ways to send high-resolution photos in WhatsApp:
6 Methods to Send High-Resolution Images On WhatsApp
- Rename the image
- Attach image as a document
- Zip it !
- Compressing multiple files
- Using Google drive
- Using iBooks.
1. Rename the image
This method is usually better for sending one or a few high quality images through WhatsApp.
- First, open your file manager and locate the high-resolution photo you want to send.
- Rename this file to image.doc ie an extension of this file to .doc, then open a chat with the person you want to send a picture to in the WhatsApp.
- Select the option to send the file via attachments and select and send the image with the help of the document, which has now been converted to the document.
- Tell the person you sent the image to rename the image to image.jpg via the file manager you have.
2. Attach image as a document
The great way of sending an image on whatsapp without compromising on the quality of image is to attach that image as a Document as it freezes the resolution. Follow these simple steps mentioned below to know how to send high quality images on whatsapp:
- First tap on the paper clip icon
- Then tap on the document icon that will display the PDF files and Txt files on your device.
- Now, tap on browse other documents and select the Pictures folder.
- Now, tap on the camera folder and select the image you want to share.
- Finally, the attached document will feature your image in the original file size.
3. Zip it!
The above mentioned method works amazingly well if you have to send some images. But it can be annoying for those who want to share large number of images. As sending an HD image will take a bit longer than sending a low quality image. It can be equally annoying for the receiver too as the receiver have to download the image one by one. If you want to send large number of high quality images on WhatsApp then another smart way is to place your photos in a zip file. You can do this using your file explorer.
- First open your file explorer and go to the images folder.
- Now, select the images you want to send.
- Now tap on the three dots icon appears on the upper right side
- Then select Archive by specifying the archieve format ZIP.
- Now, rename the archive type and tap on create.
- The archiving may take time depending on the number of images selected and the size of images.
- Once you are done with the zip process, now attach the zip file as a document and send.
4. Compressing multiple files
If you desire to send many high resolution photos simultaneously, this is also possible.
- Compress high-quality image folders or images on your phone with File Manager or Compression Utility.
- Send this compressed file to your friend as an attachment.
- Ask your friend to de-compress this compressed file
- This way you can send many files to your friend in high quality at once.
5. Use Google drive to send high quality images on Whatsapp
To solve this question of yours that How to send high-quality images on WhatsApp? There is one another method also available. Follow these easy steps to share high-resolution photos via WhatsApp.
- Open Google Drive or iCloud.
- Select the photo you want to share.
- Right-click and select Get Shareable Link.
- Copy the link and send it to the recipient via WhatsApp.
6. Using iBooks
iOS users can send high quality images on WhatsApp by converting photos to pdf using iBook A special trick for iOS users using iBooks.
- First head to the Photos app on iOS device
- Now, select the image files from the camera roll
- Then save the photos you select to iBOOK by using share option.
- Once you are done, you’ll get pdf form or the images you select.
- Now share this pdf on WhatsApp.
This is not the most convenient method but still iOS device users can use this feature to send high resolution photos on WhatsApp.
NOTE: The output can be opened on iOS devices only.
Related Post: Whatsapp payment method
So, these are some techniques to share high-resolution photos via WhatsApp. I hope now these blurry questions like how to send high-quality images on WhatsApp? How to send images without compression? And how to send pictures without losing quality? are clear. Share your queries and experience with us in the comment section below.