If you are not satisfied or unhappy with the Spotify username that was randomly created when you signed up using your email. If you feel the need to change Spotify username, there are a few workarounds. To be specific, you can change your Spotify display name easily, which appears on your playlist and profile. It seems nearly impossible to change Spotify username as freely as changing the display name. However, changing the display name can serve all the purposes and intent. In this article, we’ll show you How to change Spotify username and display name.
Among different solutions, one is to connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account. This will replace your Spotify username with your Facebook username. Whenever you change your Facebook name, your Spotify username will be changed accordingly. Or you can also make a new Spotify Account and sign up with your Facebook account to grab the Facebook username.
Another solution is to change your Spotify display name, it will change your Facebook name on the Spotify account if it is connected to Facebook. However, this will not affect your Spotify username but will change the name that everybody sees you on Spotify. This can only be done using Mobile App.
Scroll down to see step by step guide to know How to change Spotify Username and display name.
In case you want to know your Spotify Listening history, Read How to view Spotify History On Mobile and Desktop app.
How to change Spotify Username on Computer:
- On your Computer Open the Spotify App.
- Click on the downward arrow that appears next to your profile picture and name.
- Now, select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Once you select the settings, you will be headed to the settings page. Now scroll down and locate the social section where you will find a blue button named CONNECT TO FACEBOOK.
- Click on this blue button to initiate the process.
- After you clicked on that blue button, a popup will appear asking you to fill your Facebook login details.
- After entering the correct details now tap on login this will link your Facebook Account to your Spotify account.
That’s all now you have successfully changed your Spotify username and display name matched to your Facebook name.
How to change Spotify Username on Mobile:
- Open the Spotify app.
- You will see the gear icon appear on the top right corner to open the settings page.
- Scroll down to locate the Social section and tap to open it.
- Now, you can see the Connect to Facebook button below recently played artists.
- Click on it.
- Once you click on the Connect to Facebook button, you will see a popup that asks for your facebook login details.
- After filling out the asked details tap on login.
Now your Spotify account is linked with your Facebook account successfully.
How to Change Spotify Display name using Spotify Mobile App:
You can’t change your Spotify display name from a Desktop app. However, you can change your Spotify display name from your Android or iOS mobile device.
Here is how you can change Spotify display name:
- Open the Spotify App on your mobile.
- On the top right you will see a gear icon, tap on it to open the settings menu.
- Tap on the View Profile in the settings menu under your name.
- Now, tap on Edit Profile under your name on the next screen.
- Now change the display name also the profile picture if you want and click on save.
Sign up For Spotify using Facebook:
Also if you are new to Spotify and want to Sign up directly using your Facebook account to get the username of Facebook directly, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Head to the Spotify website or download the Spotify App.
- Select the Sign up link.
- Now select Sign up with Facebook.
- Fill in your Facebook login details and select Log in.
Contacting Spotify to change the username!
Playlists are being mapped by Spotify accounts, which makes it harder to change the username. However, you can still have the option to change your username without connecting your account to Facebook.
One option is to create another Spotify account with a new username and contact the Spotify customer Support team to transfer your data, including your playlists, playlists followers, and Music/ library collections, to the new account.
Another option is to ask the Spotify customer support to change the username directly if there is a possibility.
Now you have a clear idea about how to change Spotify username and display name. If you face any difficulty while following the above-mentioned steps or if know another trick to change the Spotify username, do connect with us in the comment section below.