Wi-Fi is required to play multimedia material on streaming sticks. Fire TV Stick and other streaming devices are practically worthless without it. The remote control for the Fire TV is very significant. The remote is a key part of the set-top box because it doesn’t have physical buttons.
Using the Amazon Firestick, users may access their televisions from any location in the world. While traveling, many fans of their favorite shows choose to watch them on the road with the help of this device. With no control, it could seem tough to search for new shows on Netflix. All hope may seem lost if you’ve misplaced or broken your Fire TV remote control.
3 Effective Ways to Connect Firestick to WIFI without Remote
Streaming entertainment with Amazon’s Fire TV stick is incredibly convenient and easy to use. Do you need internet for Amazon Firestick? Only a wireless internet connection or a television with an HDMI connector are needed once you possess one. Because of its ease of use, the Fire Stick has become popular among those who often travel, whether for business or pleasure. You need to input the hotel or Airbnb’s Wi-Fi password to obtain access to your Fire Stick, and once you’re connected to the internet, you’re already signed into your Netflix or any other streaming service.
1 – How To Connect Firestick To WIFI Using Echo Or Echo Dot
An Echo or Echo Dot might be used as a third device in this setup. You can use an Echo or Echo Dot instead of a second smartphone or tablet after re-establishing the Fire tv stick network connection. Do you need internet for Amazon Firestick? Yes, you need the internet, and having a smartphone or tablet to complete the initial configuration would be helpful.
Because you can’t change the network settings using voice instructions. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to use the Fire tv stick’s voice control capability to connect your Echo or Echo Dot to the same network.
- Find Settings in your Alexa app by tapping the More tab on your phone, then tapping Settings.
- Select TV & Video from the Alexa Preferences menu.
- Take a look at the alternatives and select Fire TV.
- The final step is to tap Link Your Alexa Device and follow the steps to connect your devices.
2 – How To Connect Firestick To WIFI Without Remote Using Smartphone?
When things go tough, a smartphone can always come to the rescue. The Fire TV Stick might have forgotten your remote control, but not the smartphone. As a result, Amazon has created fantastic Fire TV software for your smartphone, allowing you to utilize Firestick on your TV. According to a secret provision in the terms and conditions, fire sticks can only be accessed over WIFI, not the Internet on your smartphone.
To communicate with the Fire TV Stick, your smartphone and the Fire TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network. Your Fire Stick is already set to run on your home Wi-Fi network, which you maybe didn’t bring with you on your journey. ‘ If you don’t have a mechanism to communicate with your Fire TV Stick to change its network connection to your local Wi-Fi, the smartphone remote control won’t work since they can’t talk to each other.
This problem can be solved with not one but two cell phones or two smartphones plus a tablet. Amazon’s Fire TV stick and the phone should both be connected over the same WIFI network. In addition, to connect an Amazon Firestick to Wi-Fi without a controller, you must follow these simple steps:
- Do you need internet for Amazon Firestick? Yes, you’ll need to utilize one of your smartphones as a hotspot. In this manner, you may connect the Firestick to your home network with ease.
- Install the Amazon Fire TV app on a second smartphone or tablet and enjoy the service.
- The next step is to enable the hotspot on the second Fire TV app-enabled device and connect it to the local network. Your phone with the app and Firestick must be linked to the network of the first phone.
- After a successful connection, you can view and operate the Firestick on the second device. To utilize the Amazon Fire Stick as a remote control, connect it to the TV and use the other device as a remote.
- No need to panic; the second device may be used to navigate and pick another wireless network.
- You may access the network settings under the Fire TV’s settings menu. Here you may pick the new Wi-Fi and connect the Firestick by providing your login information.
- Once the firestick has been connected to your new Wi-Fi, you will no longer be able to operate it with your second phone. It’s because the Firestick isn’t connected to the same network as your computer. To recover access to the firestick, you must link a second phone to the new Wi-Fi connection.
- Finally, you no longer require the first phone, which was used as a hotspot at the beginning of the procedure.
3 – How To Connect Firestick To WIFI Without Remote Using HDMI-CEC?
You can use the notion of HDMI-CEC in a more basic manner. A relatively new standard for consumer electronics called HDMI-CEC, or HDMI-Consumer Electronics Control, provides a high degree of compatibility between HDMI-connected devices. Chromecast may be used in conjunction with an HDMI-connected DVD player to stream content to your TV, for example.
By the way, you can also get remotes for Smart TVs, Apple TVs, and other devices from third-party app stores. These remotes are universal, which means they may be used with any television. Walmart or any other retailer may sell you a universal TV remote.
HDMI CEC is the underlying basis of these CEC-compliant remotes. Do you need internet for Amazon Firestick? You need a TV which has HDMI. Almost everyone knows that TVs include an HDMI port that can be connected to the remote control. An HDMI connector on your TV has a designation called “CEC,” which stands for Customer Electronic Control. On the other hand, CEC was introduced in 2002 with the release of HDMI 1.3, which enables CEC.
It implies that not all of the televisions that have been made since then may have the function. High-quality TVs, on the other hand, provide this function as standard. Before attaching the CEC remote, make sure this mode is available on your TV. The HDMI CEC device control is not available on all TVs, and some manufacturers name it differently from the normal HDMI CEC device control.
A functional remote or the ability to manage your Fire TV Stick from a smartphone may be a good idea if it isn’t already enabled. Fortunately, it simply requires a few simple steps. If you have a remote, you can use it.
- Make your way to the Settings menu, then to Display and Sound.
- Make sure HDMI-CEC is enabled in Display and Settings.
The Firestick does not have any buttons. Therefore remote control is the sole method of navigating. When using two cellphones as a hotspot and a remote, you can do so at your discretion. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and if you don’t pack your remote control, you can be in a pickle. Do you need internet for Amazon Firestick? Yes, you need the internet for amazon fire stick but don’t worry, the procedures listed above will take care of your problem. Even if you forgot to pack a remote, you can still connect your Fire Stick to the internet and continue to use it without control once it’s connected.